Amenities at Our Inn in the Finger Lakes Region of New York
During your stay at The Pearl of Seneca Lake Bed and Breakfast, we want you to feel at home. We have thoughtfully chosen a variety of amenities for our guests’ comfort and convenience. If you have any questions about your upcoming visit to our B&B, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We now have in-house massages available for our guests by Persephone Peniel of Penn Yan. You can contact her directly at 1-315-536-4040, or check out her website at www.pennyanmassage.com.
Our Breakfasts – a $20-$25 Value
Includes unlimited quantities of:
- Fresh Coffee and Tea (A variety of strengths and flavors)
- Fruit (fresh fruit in season)
- Entree – Eggs to order, Omelets, Quiche, Crepes, Pancakes, Waffles, etc., and a variety of meats
- Homemade Scones (fresh from the oven)
- Homemade Bread / Toast (wheat, white or gluten-free)
- Homemade Jams and Jellies
(We will do our best to accommodate any special dietary needs. Be sure to let us know of any special requirements when making your reservation.)
– Bottomless Cookie Jar
– Complimentary water and soda provided in each in-room refrigerator.
Our property features an 8-foot-wide hiking trail, built in 1998 by our neighbor (an environmental architect), which winds through 3000 feet of woods and meadows, and was designed to provide a welcome habitat for birds, deer, wild turkey, and other wildlife native to the area. A leisurely walk along the trail provides a quiet environment for meditation, bird watching or just enjoying nature.
Our grounds provide direct access to Seneca Lake (60 steps down to the dock), with good swimming, access to our 80-foot dock, a canoe and rowboat, and plenty of chairs for lounging, reading, sunning, etc. A pavilion with a large picnic table is available for use by our guests. Close to the pavilion is a fire pit, available for guests to roast marshmallows, cook dinner, and enjoy the fire.
The Windmill Farm & Craft Market (located between Penn Yan and Dundee, NY) is only minutes away, and some of the best boating and fishing facilities in New York State are nearby.
An 80-foot dock was added in 2006, with 2 benches at the end for viewing the lake. It includes a metal ladder at the end for swimming and a lower platform for boarding small boats.
The photo of Mike and Jen to the right was taken as they celebrated her birthday during ——> our breakfast time.
The photo at the top of the page is of our coffee/tea/cocoa area in the kitchen. The maroon case on the right contains packets of cocoa and several flavors and strengths of coffee (regular and decaf). Individual packets can be brewed in the Flavia coffee maker in about 30 seconds. The canisters on the left contain several different flavors of loose Adagio tea (black, green, and herbal), which can be steeped using the transparent IngenuiTEA teapots. Our bottomless cookie jar is also in this area.
Relax in our 2-person hammock, nestled in a grove of trees with a great view of the lake.
To the right is a photo of our new stairs down to the lake. It was completed in November, 2014, and includes a 12 x 12 foot deck providing an excellent place to sit and enjoy the grandeur of Seneca Lake. The pavilion at the top of the hill includes a 8-foot picnic table. ——–>
The full list of amenities at The Pearl of Seneca Lake Bed and Breakfast include:
- Coffee/Tea/Cocoa Always Available
- Our “Bottomless” (Chocolate Chip) Cookie Jar
- Individually-Controlled Heating & Cooling *
- Firm Sealy Pillow-Top Mattresses in Each Room *
- Private Bath with Natura and Jason Bathing Products *
- Bed-Bug Covers on all Mattresses and Pillows (preventive measure) *
- Free Wi-Fi Access Throughout the House and Grounds *
- Smoke-Free Environment *
- Private Entrance from Deck (3 rooms)
- Comfortable Lakeside Wooden Deck Chairs with Tables *
- Refrigerator (stocked with soda and water) and Microwave (with popcorn) *
- Clock Radio *
- Wine Glasses and Wine Bottle Openers *
- 600-count Egyptian Cotton Sheets *
- Micro Cotton Towels *
- 3-speed Ceiling Fan *
- Table and Chairs for Working or Eating *
- Satellite TV (DirecTV) *
- Hair Dryers *
- Iron and Ironing Board off Kitchen
- Gas Fireplace in the Living Room
- 80-Foot Dock with 2 Benches on 400-Foot Waterfront
- Canoe and Rowboat for Guest Use
- Weed Mats around the Dock for Swimming Convenience
- Marshmallows and S’mores for Use at the Fire Pit
- Complimentary Firewood for Use at the Fire Pit
- 3000-Foot Nature Trail
- 2-person glider on the deck above the dock
- 2-Person Hammock
- Playing cards *
- Board Games
- Motorcycles and Bicycles are Welcome! (They can be kept in our garage)
* These amenities are provided in each guest room.